Full disclosure: As a partner in a marketing agency, I get why the discussion below on whether or not you should engage with one may initially be viewed as less than balanced. In my over 25 years in this business, I’ve learned that some organizations thrive with in-house or hybrid teams, some find great success with agencies—and some really just lack the insight to make a sound choice in either direction.
I know that as an agency, we’re not a proper fit for every business, and I’m okay with that! I hope this article provides your business some clarity on which route you should choose.
What to Consider in Your Decision-Making Process
When considering your company’s marketing approach, keep in mind the below during your decision-making process:
- Expected financial investment
- Trends and technology knowledge
- Alignment toward future goals
- Overall marketing and market experience
- Scalability for project work
Each of these items carry weight in determining which route you ultimately choose. Take a look at our visual guide to discover what to consider when choosing between in-house marketing and outsourcing to an agency.
Choosing the Right Agency for Your Organization
If you choose to outsource your marketing to an agency, it’s important to find one you can trust to positively and effectively represent your brand. Here are a few things to look for in a good agency:
- A multidisciplinary team that consists of individuals skilled in navigating your market.
- Honesty and trustworthiness throughout your partnership to ensure proper budget allocation, content creation and delivering open opinions on areas that need improvement.
- Communication that’s both respectful and timely on each side helps to create a more powerful connection and allows for efficient workflow.
Promoting your company the right way is a full-time job. Consider partnering with an agency that fits well with your brand standards and offers a trustworthy, mutualistic partnership.